Monday, January 14, 2013

Getting Closer...just not fast enough


Well it’s January 14th and I still have 2 more weeks before the ground school starts.  So what am I doing in the mean time… studying…lots and lots of studying.

With all of our kids will have multiple things going on, one of the biggest things was completing Matt’s Eagle Scout Project for Boy Scouts…whew am I glad that is done.  We built 5 carnival games for Tyler’s school; so they now have a Plinko game, a bumble bee bean bag toss, a color spinning wheel, football toss and fish ring toss, I hope the school likes the games.

In addition to that my wife and youngest son were involved in a car crash; both were okay but our Durango was pretty messed up…drivable, but messed up; so we have that to deal with also.
 
I’ve also started tracking my study habits as well as my health, mood and eating habits by using an app called Track and Share; pretty cool app that will let me see over time what is really going on with my eating, sleeping and health habits.  As far as my pursuit of a pilot’s license, I’m tracking my reading habits of Rod Machado’s Private Pilot’s Handbook, FAA Airplane Handbook, practice FAA test, training videos and the reading of METAR’s and TAF’s.  I’ve also started taking FAA Wings credit courses, just trying to take in everything I can.
 I’m really looking forward to see over time how my study habits graph out and where I might be lacking.

More to follow, hopefully I’ll post something before my ground school starts the end of January.

More good links...

http://flightaware.com/ - Real Time Flight Tracking
http://www.airnav.com/airports/ - Airport Directory

See ya in the air!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Todd,
    I am pretty sure you are the Todd that went to North County Tech and graduated in 81 (industrial electronics).

    I really like your blog you started. I agree you should follow your dreams. Don’t wait because nothing is guaranteed in this life.

    I started flying in the mid 80’s, RC airplane flying that is. I am still flying today I just started messing with RC quadcopter drones and been having a lot of fun. Getting your pilots license is really cool I wish you all the best.

    My Dad built his own ultralight from a kit maybe 10 years ago I thought he was crazy but he did it. He hasn’t flown in a couple years due to health issues.

    Check out this picture and see if it brings back any memories. http://www.clevertronix.com/files/Download/pic/tech1.jpg

    I will talk to you later.

    Brian Stewart

    ReplyDelete